China’s 2020 GDP grows 2.3% despite COVID
The country’s GDP growth was 6% in 2019 before the onset of the pandemic.
For the fourth quarter of last year, GDP grew 6.5% on year. The country’s economic recovery was boosted by stimulus measures and low lending rates after the lockdown was lifted in April.
Meanwhile, industrial production increased by 2.8% last year - down from 5.7% growth in 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Türkiye’s PP and PE markets extend losses into June, liquidity issues persist
- PP, PE already back to 2020 lows in China; prices poised for further drops
- Local PE prices remain bearish, nearing multi-year lows across SE Asia
- European PP, PE buyers sideline ahead of further drops in June
- China’s April PE imports fall to around 1 million tons, lowest since 2018
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply