China’s ABS, PS markets witness firmer levels
Data from ChemOrbis Price Wizard shows that ABS prices on a CFR China basis have climbed by around $84/ton on a weekly average basis when compared to pre-National Day holiday levels, suggesting their highest level since July 2015.
This week, following a Taiwanese producer’s hike decision, players reported that a second Taiwanese producer also issued fresh increases on their offers. The producer raised their PS and ABS prices by $20/ton from their latest levels, bringing their new offers to $1510/ton for ABS, to $1270/ton for HIPS and to $1210/ton for GPPS, all on CIF China/Hong Kong, cash basis. A trader commented, “We believe that demand for ABS might continue to improve if upstream costs remain on a firm note.”
In China, overall import ABS prices currently stand at $1460-1540/ton on a CIF, cash basis. For PS, imports prices are currently reported at $1130-1210/ton for GPPS and at $1190-1270/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?