China’s Dalian Mingyuan plans to build petchem plant in Oman
The investment plan was revealed during a promotion of the Duqm Special Economic Zone held by SEZAD in Dalian, Northeast China’s Liaoning province. An investment of around USD2.8 billion is anticipated for the first phase of the project, while the annual olefin production is expected to be 1.8 million tons.
The production from the brand new methanol-to-olefin plant will reportedly provide lower cost raw materials to the Dalian Mingyuan’s petrochemical bases located at the Dalian Changxingdao Economic Zone.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years