China’s Dec polymer imports rise 19.6% on year
The top five polymer exporters to China in December were Saudi Arabia (305,498 tons), South Korea (243,559 tons), Taiwan (212,856 tons), the United Arab Emirates (194,984 tons) and Singapore (154,355 tons).
In December, China’s LDPE imports jumped by 27% when compared to the same month of 2015 to be reported at 215,744 tons while they rose by around 14.3% compared with November. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 47,375, followed by Saudi Arabia (28,581 tons).
HDPE imports increased by 12.7% from a year earlier to reach 508,333 tons in December while they were also up by around 8.6% when compared with the previous month. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier for another month with 112,323 tons, followed by Iran (85,570 tons), the United Arab Emirates (69.711 tons) and South Korea (53,369).
The country’s LLDPE imports significantly increased 56.5% on a yearly basis to reach 330,344 tons in December while they rose 35.8% when compared to December. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China with 94,807 tons, followed by Singapore (59,982 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (43,497 tons).
Imports for homo-PP rose 11.2% on the year to reach 319,272 tons in December. South Korea remained at the top of the homo-PP import list with 83,961 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (57,206 tons) and United Arab Emirates (40,980 tons). On a monthly basis, China’s homo-PP imports also rose by around 10% in December.
PP copolymer imports jump around 17.3% year over year to reach 139,195 tons in December while they were also up by around 0.8% from a month earlier. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 36,012 tons, followed by Taiwan (29,422 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (24,060 tons).
China’s December PVC imports climb by around 14% when compared to the same month of 2015 to be reported at 68,293 tons. On a monthly basis, imports also rose by 14.3%. The top PVC exporter to China in December was the United States (24,840 tons), followed by Taiwan (23,080 tons) and Japan (11,772 tons).
Imports for PS decreased 8.2% on a year over year basis to reach 50,757 tons in December. When compared to November data, they increased by 6.2%. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China with 22,084 tons.
For ABS, the country’s December imports posted a yearly increase of 9.3% while they were up by around 6.2% from a month earlier. Taiwan was at the top of the ABS import list with 81,153 tons, followed by South Korea (44.205 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?