China’s Feb polymer imports down on year for 8th straight month
The top five polymer exporters to China in February were South Korea (165,622 tons), Saudi Arabia (162,066 tons), Taiwan (113,720 tons), Iran (109,850 tons) and Singapore (95,727 tons).
In February 2015, the country’s LDPE imports slumped by 34% month over month to reach 119,157 tons while imports also plunged 36% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 20,768 tons, followed by South Korea (14,447 tons).
LLDPE imports decreased 36% on a monthly basis to reach 137,640 tons in February. Imports were also down by 47% when compared to February 2014. Singapore was the top supplier to China with 43,351 tons, followed by Thailand (25,923 tons) and Saudi Arabia (22,479 tons).
China’s HDPE imports for February dropped 20% from January to reach 322,210 tons while they were also down 8% on a year over year basis. Iran was the top supplier to China in February with 86,607 tons of HDPE, followed by Saudi Arabia (56,993 tons), the United Arab Emirates (54,246 tons) and South Korea (43,066 tons).
Imports for homo-PP slumped 29% on the year to reach 227,771 tons in February while they were down 19% when compared to the previous month. Saudi Arabia stood on the top of the homo-PP import list with 55,891 tons.
PP copolymer imports significantly fell by around 41% month over month to reach 76,088 tons. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 17,681 tons followed by South Korea (14,964 tons) and Taiwan (13,581 tons).
For PVC, imports moved down 12% month on month to 62,388 tons in February. The top PVC exporter to China in February was Taiwan (20,139 tons), followed by the USA (19,185 tons) and Japan (18,637 tons).
China’s PS imports were down around 22% month over month to 35,864 tons in February. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in February with 13,515 tons.
Meanwhile, the country’s ABS imports for February posted a hefty decrease of 42% on the month to reach 82,889 tons while they were down around 11% year over year. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 43,726 tons, followed by South Korea (27,136 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe