China’s Fujian Gulei begins construction of a new cracker
The company’s new steam cracker is expected to have a production capacity of 800,000 tons/year ethylene while its downstream units will be able to produce 600,000 tons/year of styrene, 350,000 tons/year of PP and 300,000 tons/year of EVA. The company also has the intention to build a 1.8 million tons/year of methanol-to-olefins (MTO) unit.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year