China’s HDPE market sees further gains on tightness
Several players affirmed that supply issues for HDPE continued in the face of limited availabilities from Iran and the Middle East. A Saudi major announced its November HDPE film prices with a hefty increase of $100/ton from October while applying only a slight hike of $10/ton on its LDPE film offers.
An agent of the producer, however, said, “The producer’s HDPE tightness has eased recently while overall supplies from Iran and the Middle East are likely to increase gradually next month. Therefore, we have concerns about the producer’s new HDPE film offer, which might be too high if we consider the season. We are planning to focus more on LDPE, LLDPE and PP in November.”
A few traders operating in China commented, “We are still facing some shipment delays regarding Iranian HDPE cargoes while domestic supplies are also limited amidst healthy demand for film and pipe grades.”
A converter noted, “We requested for 600 tons of HDPE blow moulding from our Qatari supplier, yet they were only able to 300 tons of material to us.”
In China, the overall range for import HDPE film prices currently stand at $1240-1300/ton CIF, cash, up $10-20/ton from last week. In the local market, prices are currently reported at CNY10800-11000/ton ($1392-1418/ton without VAT) on an ex-warehouse China, cash including VAT basis. The local range, meanwhile, shows weekly increases of around $30-60/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market