China’s Jan inflation hits lowest level in more than 5 years
The larger than expected decrease was attributed to plunging crude oil prices and lower food prices stemming from seasonal factors.
Analysts commented that the slowdown in the inflation rate is the latest in a series of signals that the country may see a sharper economic slowdown than previously expected.
China’s economy grew at 7.4% in 2014, the slowest number recorded in the past 24 years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull