China’s Jan inflation hits lowest level in more than 5 years
The larger than expected decrease was attributed to plunging crude oil prices and lower food prices stemming from seasonal factors.
Analysts commented that the slowdown in the inflation rate is the latest in a series of signals that the country may see a sharper economic slowdown than previously expected.
China’s economy grew at 7.4% in 2014, the slowest number recorded in the past 24 years.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers