China’s Maoming Petrochemical to shut PP plant for turnaround
The trader reported that the maintenance shutdown will be relatively shorter at two of the three PP lines at the plant, namely the No 1 and No 3 lines. The company produces PP copolymer at its No 1 line and homo-PP at its No 3 line. The PP plant has a total production capacity of 537,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, the company is also planning to shut their 370,000 tons/year LDPE plant for a scheduled maintenance this weekend.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades