China’s Maoming Petrochemical to shut PP plant for turnaround
The trader reported that the maintenance shutdown will be relatively shorter at two of the three PP lines at the plant, namely the No 1 and No 3 lines. The company produces PP copolymer at its No 1 line and homo-PP at its No 3 line. The PP plant has a total production capacity of 537,000 tons/year.
Meanwhile, the company is also planning to shut their 370,000 tons/year LDPE plant for a scheduled maintenance this weekend.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm