China’s March polymer imports post monthly and yearly gains
The top five polymer exporters to China in March were Saudi Arabia (266,416 tons), South Korea (231,869 tons), Iran (211,693 tons), the United Arab Emirates (184,650 tons) and Taiwan (175,808 tons).
In March, LDPE imports declined by 6.2% on a yearly basis to be reported at 217,629 tons while they were up by 12.3% from a month earlier. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 51,308 tons, followed by United States (20,008 tons).
HDPE imports surged by around 22.7% when compared to the same month of 2016 to reach 660,132 tons. On a monthly basis, HDPE imports also increased by 18.5%. Iran was the top supplier with 145,383 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (122,733 tons), the United Arab Emirates (97,281 tons) and South Korea (52,642).
China’s LLDPE imports declined by 2% on a yearly basis to reach 245,492 tons in March while they were down by 1.4% when compared to February. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China with 50,686 tons, followed by Singapore (46,469 tons) and Thailand (34,823 tons).
Imports for homo-PP rose by around 22.2% on the year to reach 324,858 tons in March. On a monthly basis, homo-PP imports were down by around 1.9%. South Korea remained at the top of the homo-PP import list with 84,857 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (61,860 tons) and Singapore (35,258 tons).
PP copolymer imports increased by around 26.7% year over year to reach 156,694 tons in March. On a monthly basis, PP copolymer imports were also up by around 1.5%. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 33,917 tons, followed by Taiwan (30,715 tons) and the United Arab Emirates (25,458 tons).
China imported 73,978 tons of PVC in March, climbed by 24% from the same month of 2016. On a monthly basis, PVC imports were up by 2.2%. The US stood at the top of the March PVC import list with 35,422, followed by Taiwan (18,361 tons) and Japan (12,468 tons).
Imports for PS decreased by 11.3% on a year over year basis to reach 40,165 tons in March. When compared to February, they were up by 7.8%. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China with 16,610 tons.
For ABS, the country’s March imports posted a yearly decrease of 13.2% while they were up by around 2.7% from a month earlier. Taiwan was at the top of the ABS import list with 63,809 tons, followed by South Korea (35,704 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets