China’s Ningxia Baota selects BP’s technology for new PTA plant
Ningxia Baota is planning to build a 1.2 million tons/year PTA unit in the Ningxia Ningdong Energy and Chemical Zone in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China. The proposed unit is expected to come on stream in 2018.
Previously, Oman International Petrochemical Industries Company (OMPET), a joint venture between Oman Oil Company (50%), LG International Inc. (30%) and Takamul Investment Company (20%) announced that they will use BP’s technology to build a new PTA unit at Sohar, Oman. The proposed unit is slated to have a production capacity of 1 million tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months