China’s Nov polymer imports jump 14.8% on year
The top five polymer exporters to China in November were Saudi Arabia (256,388 tons), South Korea (234,457 tons), Taiwan (204,120 tons), the United Arab Emirates (151,655 tons) and Singapore (138,494 tons).
In November, China’s LDPE imports rose by 3.4% when compared to the same month of 2015 to be reported at 188,682 tons while they surge by around 30.4% compared with October. Qatar was the top LDPE supplier to China with 30,560 tons, followed by Iran (27,990 tons).
HDPE imports jumped by 18.2% from a year earlier to reach 467,987 tons in November while they were also up by around 27.5% when compared with the previous month. Saudi Arabia became the top supplier with 109,948 tons, followed by Iran (69,559 tons), the United Arab Emirates (66,715 tons) and South Korea (48,780).
The country’s LLDPE imports climbed around 17.1% on a yearly basis to reach 243,156 tons in November while they surged by around 31% when compared to October. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China with 65,012 tons, followed by Singapore (49,929 tons) and Thailand (27,177 tons).
Imports for homo-PP increased 9.6% on the year to reach 290,246 tons in November. South Korea remained at the top of the homo-PP import list with 80,047 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (46.513 tons) and Singapore (34,090 tons). On a monthly basis, China’s homo-PP imports also rose by around 17.4% in November.
PP copolymer imports increased around 27.2% year over year to reach 138,006 tons in November while they were also up by around 16.1% from a month earlier. Singapore was the top exporter to China with 36,598 tons, followed by Taiwan (26,343 tons) and South Korea (25,033 tons).
China’s November PVC imports rose by around 10.6% when compared to the same month of 2015 to be reported at 59,704 tons. On a monthly basis, imports also rose by 7.6%. The top PVC exporter to China in November was the United States (22,837 tons), followed by Taiwan (19,186 tons) and Japan (11,365 tons).
Imports for PS increased 8% on a year over year basis to reach 47,828 tons in November. When compared to October data, they also surged by 42.7%. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China with 21,655 tons.
For ABS, the country’s November imports posted a yearly increase of 20.5% while they were up by around 14.6% from a month earlier. Taiwan was at the top of the ABS import list with 80,132 tons, followed by South Korea (41,125 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia