China’s PE imports from Iran hit an all-time-high
China imported 324,236 tons of LDPE from Iran in the first seven months of 2016. China’s LDPE imports from Iran increased by 23% on the year. Iran maintained its position in the first place in LDPE exports to China compared to 2015.
LLDPE imports from Iran surged significantly by 213% on the year to be reported at 106,122 tons in the first seven months of 2016 from 33,811 tons in the same period of last year. When looking at the imports by country, Iran rose to the fourth place so far this year from the 11th in 2015.
For HDPE, Iran’s exports increased by around 15% to reach 776,021 tons in the first seven months of 2016 compared to the same period of last year. Iran remained as the top supplier to China this year as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand