China’s PE imports from Iran hit an all-time-high
China imported 324,236 tons of LDPE from Iran in the first seven months of 2016. China’s LDPE imports from Iran increased by 23% on the year. Iran maintained its position in the first place in LDPE exports to China compared to 2015.
LLDPE imports from Iran surged significantly by 213% on the year to be reported at 106,122 tons in the first seven months of 2016 from 33,811 tons in the same period of last year. When looking at the imports by country, Iran rose to the fourth place so far this year from the 11th in 2015.
For HDPE, Iran’s exports increased by around 15% to reach 776,021 tons in the first seven months of 2016 compared to the same period of last year. Iran remained as the top supplier to China this year as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month