China’s PE imports from Iran hit an all-time-high
China imported 324,236 tons of LDPE from Iran in the first seven months of 2016. China’s LDPE imports from Iran increased by 23% on the year. Iran maintained its position in the first place in LDPE exports to China compared to 2015.
LLDPE imports from Iran surged significantly by 213% on the year to be reported at 106,122 tons in the first seven months of 2016 from 33,811 tons in the same period of last year. When looking at the imports by country, Iran rose to the fourth place so far this year from the 11th in 2015.
For HDPE, Iran’s exports increased by around 15% to reach 776,021 tons in the first seven months of 2016 compared to the same period of last year. Iran remained as the top supplier to China this year as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?