China’s PE market displays weak trend on increasing overseas supplies
The low ends of the import LDPE and LLDPE ranges declined between $20-50/ton amidst steady high ends in a weekly comparison. As for HDPE, the high end edged up while a deal for US origin kept the low end flat.
A Shanghai-based trader highlighted that the emergence of competitively priced Indian and US materials a few weeks ago has encouraged converters to come with lower bids. “More import PE cargoes are foreseen to arrive in the latter part of June and mounting resistance from manufacturers already forced Middle Eastern producers to adjust their offers down from initial June announcements,” he noted.
Applying weekly drops of $5-20/ton to their PE prices to China, a Southeast Asian producer reported, “Prices lost ground despite the gains in LLDPE futures at the start of the week mainly due to the off-season. Falling prices on local currency exerted pressure on import PE offers as well.”
For the near term, meanwhile, rising spot ethylene prices and intense maintenance period throughout June are projected to prevent the market from considerable price reductions, some Chinese players remarked.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will it be supply or demand to set PP, PE outlook in Europe?
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit