China’s PET exports rise, PVC exports fall in October
China’s total polymer exports rose 14.6% on the month to 278,456 tons, with PET and PVC combining to account for more than 80% of the country’s polymer exports.
The top five imports of Chinese PET in October were Japan (25,374 tons), Indonesia (10,160 tons), Nigeria (9,292 tons), Chile (8,843 tons) and the Philippines (7,964 tons).
For PVC, the top five importers of Chinese material were Russia (8,243 tons), Malaysia (8,096 tons), India (7,147 tons), Kazakhstan (5,891 tons) and Vietnam (4,908 tons).
PP exports, meanwhile, came down 12.2% month over month in October to reach 12,847 tons. The top five importers of Chinese PP in October were Hong Kong (3,461 tons), Vietnam (3,316 tons), Thailand (1,055 tons), Japan (629 tons) and South Korea (408 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed