China’s PET exports rise, PVC exports fall in October
China’s total polymer exports rose 14.6% on the month to 278,456 tons, with PET and PVC combining to account for more than 80% of the country’s polymer exports.
The top five imports of Chinese PET in October were Japan (25,374 tons), Indonesia (10,160 tons), Nigeria (9,292 tons), Chile (8,843 tons) and the Philippines (7,964 tons).
For PVC, the top five importers of Chinese material were Russia (8,243 tons), Malaysia (8,096 tons), India (7,147 tons), Kazakhstan (5,891 tons) and Vietnam (4,908 tons).
PP exports, meanwhile, came down 12.2% month over month in October to reach 12,847 tons. The top five importers of Chinese PP in October were Hong Kong (3,461 tons), Vietnam (3,316 tons), Thailand (1,055 tons), Japan (629 tons) and South Korea (408 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe