China’s PET exports rise, PVC exports fall in October
China’s total polymer exports rose 14.6% on the month to 278,456 tons, with PET and PVC combining to account for more than 80% of the country’s polymer exports.
The top five imports of Chinese PET in October were Japan (25,374 tons), Indonesia (10,160 tons), Nigeria (9,292 tons), Chile (8,843 tons) and the Philippines (7,964 tons).
For PVC, the top five importers of Chinese material were Russia (8,243 tons), Malaysia (8,096 tons), India (7,147 tons), Kazakhstan (5,891 tons) and Vietnam (4,908 tons).
PP exports, meanwhile, came down 12.2% month over month in October to reach 12,847 tons. The top five importers of Chinese PP in October were Hong Kong (3,461 tons), Vietnam (3,316 tons), Thailand (1,055 tons), Japan (629 tons) and South Korea (408 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?