China’s PET exports rise, PVC exports fall in October
China’s total polymer exports rose 14.6% on the month to 278,456 tons, with PET and PVC combining to account for more than 80% of the country’s polymer exports.
The top five imports of Chinese PET in October were Japan (25,374 tons), Indonesia (10,160 tons), Nigeria (9,292 tons), Chile (8,843 tons) and the Philippines (7,964 tons).
For PVC, the top five importers of Chinese material were Russia (8,243 tons), Malaysia (8,096 tons), India (7,147 tons), Kazakhstan (5,891 tons) and Vietnam (4,908 tons).
PP exports, meanwhile, came down 12.2% month over month in October to reach 12,847 tons. The top five importers of Chinese PP in October were Hong Kong (3,461 tons), Vietnam (3,316 tons), Thailand (1,055 tons), Japan (629 tons) and South Korea (408 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?