China’s PP, PE production move higher in November
China’s PP production jumped 20.9% year over year in November to reach 1.487 million tons while production slipped 1.1% on a month over month basis. For the first eleven months of the year, China’s PP production rose 22.3% from 2014 to reach 15.358 million tons.
Meanwhile, China’s PE production posted a smaller yearly increase of 8.48% to reach 1.1384 million tons while PE production came down 4.8% month over month. LLDPE held the largest share of China’s PE production at 506,900 tons, followed by HDPE at 484,100 tons and LDPE with 147,300 tons. China’s PE production for the first eleven months of the year amounted to 12.3456 million tons.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?