China’s PVC exports rise, PET exports decline in November
China’s total polymer exports edged down 1.9% on the month to 273,265 tons, with PET and PVC combining to account for approximately 83% of the country’s polymer exports.
The top five imports of Chinese PET in November were Japan (27,296 tons), the Philippines (16,123 tons), Indonesia (8,200 tons), South Africa (6,445 tons) and Egypt (5,791 tons).
For PVC, the top five importers of Chinese material were Russia and Malaysia (9,719 tons each), India (9,104 tons), Kazakhstan (4,224 tons) and Thailand (4,155 tons).
Homo-PP exports, meanwhile, climbed 7.3% month over month in November to reach 13,782 tons. The top five importers of Chinese homo-PP in November were Vietnam (4,610 tons), Hong Kong (2,675 tons), Thailand (1,102 tons), Japan (703 tons) and the United States (568 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops