China’s PVC exports rise, PET exports decline in November
China’s total polymer exports edged down 1.9% on the month to 273,265 tons, with PET and PVC combining to account for approximately 83% of the country’s polymer exports.
The top five imports of Chinese PET in November were Japan (27,296 tons), the Philippines (16,123 tons), Indonesia (8,200 tons), South Africa (6,445 tons) and Egypt (5,791 tons).
For PVC, the top five importers of Chinese material were Russia and Malaysia (9,719 tons each), India (9,104 tons), Kazakhstan (4,224 tons) and Thailand (4,155 tons).
Homo-PP exports, meanwhile, climbed 7.3% month over month in November to reach 13,782 tons. The top five importers of Chinese homo-PP in November were Vietnam (4,610 tons), Hong Kong (2,675 tons), Thailand (1,102 tons), Japan (703 tons) and the United States (568 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?