China’s Resources Packaging Materials shuts two PET plants
The maintenance is expected to last until late December, 2016. These two PET lines have a combined production capacity of 600,000 tons/year of PET.
The company has 6 PET lines with a combined production capacity of 1.6 million tons/year and they are currently running at 60-70% of capacity.
The company was also expected to bring online a new PET plant with 300,000 tons/year capacity in early November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains