China’s Resources Packaging Materials shuts two PET plants
The maintenance is expected to last until late December, 2016. These two PET lines have a combined production capacity of 600,000 tons/year of PET.
The company has 6 PET lines with a combined production capacity of 1.6 million tons/year and they are currently running at 60-70% of capacity.
The company was also expected to bring online a new PET plant with 300,000 tons/year capacity in early November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019