China’s Resources Packaging Materials shuts two PET plants
The maintenance is expected to last until late December, 2016. These two PET lines have a combined production capacity of 600,000 tons/year of PET.
The company has 6 PET lines with a combined production capacity of 1.6 million tons/year and they are currently running at 60-70% of capacity.
The company was also expected to bring online a new PET plant with 300,000 tons/year capacity in early November.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?