China’s Sept manufacturing PMI hits 5 year-high
Manufacturing activity grew at the fastest pace since April 2012 as output increased due to strong demand in September while the industrial sector was boosted by government-backed infrastructure spending, firmer prices and higher exports.
Meanwhile, the country’s economic growth in the first half of 2017 was 6.9%. The faster-than-expected rate seems set to support the government’s full-year growth target of 6.5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic