China’s Shenghong plans to build new petchem complex
The project will reportedly include a refinery, an ethylene plant and a paraxylene plant with a capacity of 16 million tons/year, 1.1 million tons/year and 2.8 million tons/year respectively. The refinery is also expected to have a benzene production capacity of 200,000 tons/year, sources said.
The new complex is expected to be completed in 2019.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe
- Tightness keeps European PVC firm; projections for Sept voiced