China’s Sinopec Qilu shuts PVC plant
The company’s PVC plants have a total production capacity of around 600,000 tons/year of PVC. However, the 380,000 tons/year plant has been shut for a while due to an electrical problem while its 230,000 tons/year plant is operating normally.
A source from another Chinese producer opined that the producer’s operating rates have been low for a while as they only provide materials to domestic market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe