China’s Sinopec announces financial results for Q4
The company posted a net profit of 17.25 billion yuan ($2.52 billion) from 9.9 billion yuan ($1.44 billion) in Q3, while its net profit was up by 44% to 46.4 billion yuan ($6.75 billion) in 2016 as a whole when compared to the previous year.
The rise in the company’s net profit was attributed to the strong performances in refining and chemicals segments, in which the company optimized production in order to achieve higher-value products.
Sinopec is planning to increase its capital expenditure to 110.2 billion yuan ($16 billion) in 2017, up 44% from 76.46 billion yuan ($11.1 billion) last year. The company’s refinery throughput is expected to reach 240 million tons while it expects the output of oil products to reach 150 million tons in 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months