China’s Sinopec posts stronger Q3 earnings
It is reported that Sinopec’s net profit was 10.19 billion Yuan ($2.09 billion) in the third quarter, up from 1.65 billion Yuan in the same period of last year following a decline in the H1 of 2016 and a 30% drop in the last year.
“Sinopec is a big beneficiary of low crude prices as it buys most of the oil it processes from overseas,” analyst at North Square Blue Oak, Tian Miao stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand