China’s Sinopec posts stronger Q3 earnings
It is reported that Sinopec’s net profit was 10.19 billion Yuan ($2.09 billion) in the third quarter, up from 1.65 billion Yuan in the same period of last year following a decline in the H1 of 2016 and a 30% drop in the last year.
“Sinopec is a big beneficiary of low crude prices as it buys most of the oil it processes from overseas,” analyst at North Square Blue Oak, Tian Miao stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets