China’s Sinopec shuts PTA, MEG plants due to explosion
Another one of Sinopec’s PTA plants at Nanjing has been offline since 2013 due to economic issues while China’s Xianglu Petrochemical shut its 4.5 million tons/year PTA plant on April 6 following an explosion at Dragon Aromatics’ 1.6 million tons/year PX plant.
Xianglu’s other PTA plant in Xiamen, which has a production capacity of 1.6 million tons/year, has been offline since the beginning of January. In addition, China’s Shaoxing Yuandong also shut four of its PTA plants at the beginning of this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce