China’s Sinopec shuts PTA, MEG plants due to explosion
Another one of Sinopec’s PTA plants at Nanjing has been offline since 2013 due to economic issues while China’s Xianglu Petrochemical shut its 4.5 million tons/year PTA plant on April 6 following an explosion at Dragon Aromatics’ 1.6 million tons/year PX plant.
Xianglu’s other PTA plant in Xiamen, which has a production capacity of 1.6 million tons/year, has been offline since the beginning of January. In addition, China’s Shaoxing Yuandong also shut four of its PTA plants at the beginning of this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe
- Tightness keeps European PVC firm; projections for Sept voiced