China’s Sinopec to continue shale gas development plans
Since the middle of June, crude oil prices lost around half of their value and this has led some companies to scale back or delay their capital expenditures and exploration activities. Sinopec aims to achieve 5 billion cubic meters (bcm) of annual capacity at the Fuling shale gas field in southwest China this year and to double the capacity of the field to 10 bcm in 2017. In 2015, China targets to produce a total of 6.5 bcm of shale gas.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook