China’s Sinopec to double Fuling shale gas capacity by 2017
The Fuling shale gas site located in southwest China is China’s largest shale gas production site. The site is also the world’s second-largest shale gas field outside North America with a gas reserve reaching 380.6 billion cubic meters. Sinopec has produced 15 million cubic meters of shale gas per day at the site for more than a month.
Previously, Bloomberg reported that shale gas production from both Sinopec and PetroChina is expected to reach 5.1 billion cubic meters this year, falling below China’s output target of 6.5 billion cubic meters as the companies cut production due to weak demand and lower oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- March PE expectations in Turkey weighed by new capacities, cooling demand
- PP prices hit 4-year low in China as demand remains minimal
- Taiwanese major’s March PVC offers to Asia up despite virus fears
- Virus-impacted demand inflicts toll on Vietnam's PE market
- HDPE fails to track firmer trend of LD, LLDPE in Europe
- China’s ABS market on soft path dragged by subdued demand
- Softening trend prevails in SEA PP market as virus fears dampen sentiment
- Chinese producers cut PET offers further amid coronavirus outbreak
- Oil and petchem companies’ earnings hit by falling margins in 2019
- Will February PP hikes prove workable in Europe?