China’s Sinopec to double Fuling shale gas capacity by 2017
The Fuling shale gas site located in southwest China is China’s largest shale gas production site. The site is also the world’s second-largest shale gas field outside North America with a gas reserve reaching 380.6 billion cubic meters. Sinopec has produced 15 million cubic meters of shale gas per day at the site for more than a month.
Previously, Bloomberg reported that shale gas production from both Sinopec and PetroChina is expected to reach 5.1 billion cubic meters this year, falling below China’s output target of 6.5 billion cubic meters as the companies cut production due to weak demand and lower oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers