China’s Sinopec to double Fuling shale gas capacity by 2017
The Fuling shale gas site located in southwest China is China’s largest shale gas production site. The site is also the world’s second-largest shale gas field outside North America with a gas reserve reaching 380.6 billion cubic meters. Sinopec has produced 15 million cubic meters of shale gas per day at the site for more than a month.
Previously, Bloomberg reported that shale gas production from both Sinopec and PetroChina is expected to reach 5.1 billion cubic meters this year, falling below China’s output target of 6.5 billion cubic meters as the companies cut production due to weak demand and lower oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high
- PVC buyers’ resistance to sharp April hikes grows in SE Asia
- European PS sentiment cools off on styrene correction; ABS remains unfazed