China’s Sinopec to double Fuling shale gas capacity by 2017
The Fuling shale gas site located in southwest China is China’s largest shale gas production site. The site is also the world’s second-largest shale gas field outside North America with a gas reserve reaching 380.6 billion cubic meters. Sinopec has produced 15 million cubic meters of shale gas per day at the site for more than a month.
Previously, Bloomberg reported that shale gas production from both Sinopec and PetroChina is expected to reach 5.1 billion cubic meters this year, falling below China’s output target of 6.5 billion cubic meters as the companies cut production due to weak demand and lower oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops