China’s Xianglu delayed the restart of its PTA plant to August
The plant was shut following an explosion at Dragon Aromatics’ plant, where Xianglu obtains much of its PX feedstock, on April 6. Xianglu’s plant has a production capacity of 4.5 million tons/year.
Sources also stated that the company’s 1.65 million tons/year PTA plant in Xiamen is still shut due to economic issues.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe