China’s auto sales edge down in April
Among leading car makers, sales for Japan’s Honda increased 11.7% to 71,546 units compared with the same month of 2014 while Toyota sold more than 92,600 units in April, up 7.8% from a year earlier. Ford’s sales were mostly stable at 96,889 vehicles while General Motors and its joint ventures’ auto sales edged down 0.4% on the year to 258,484 vehicles in April.
Meanwhile, for the first four months, China’s auto sales rose 2.8% year over year to 8.14 million vehicles.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?