China’s auto sales extend historic decline in September
This marked the 15th straight monthly fall in the world’s largest car market.
Auto sales in the country saw their their first annual decline since 1990 in 2018, after enjoying double-digit annual growth rates as recently as three years ago.
In addition to an economic slowdown, the Chinese auto market has been adversely affected by new vehicle emission standards, which are part of efforts to combat pollution in the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets