China’s auto sales extend historic decline in September
This marked the 15th straight monthly fall in the world’s largest car market.
Auto sales in the country saw their their first annual decline since 1990 in 2018, after enjoying double-digit annual growth rates as recently as three years ago.
In addition to an economic slowdown, the Chinese auto market has been adversely affected by new vehicle emission standards, which are part of efforts to combat pollution in the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season