China’s auto sales extend historic decline in September
This marked the 15th straight monthly fall in the world’s largest car market.
Auto sales in the country saw their their first annual decline since 1990 in 2018, after enjoying double-digit annual growth rates as recently as three years ago.
In addition to an economic slowdown, the Chinese auto market has been adversely affected by new vehicle emission standards, which are part of efforts to combat pollution in the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness