China’s auto sales extend historic decline in September
This marked the 15th straight monthly fall in the world’s largest car market.
Auto sales in the country saw their their first annual decline since 1990 in 2018, after enjoying double-digit annual growth rates as recently as three years ago.
In addition to an economic slowdown, the Chinese auto market has been adversely affected by new vehicle emission standards, which are part of efforts to combat pollution in the country.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China PP price uptrend intact after holidays despite local supply pressure
- Saudi PP, PE markets reverse course in Feb after 8 months, maintenance schedule busy in Mid-East
- Freight carriers aim to manage supply-demand balance by blanking more sailings
- PP and PE markets set to rebound from two-year lows in Europe
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey