China’s auto sales rise 2.1% in September
Passenger car sales rose 3.3% to 1.75 million units while sales for business cars declined 4.9% from a year earlier to 273,600 units in September. Sales and production in pure electric and hybrid electric vehicles posted growth of 210 to 220% year on year in September to reach 28,324 and 28,092 units, respectively.
However, auto production declined 5.6% on the year to 1.89 million units in September while in the January-September period; production also slid 0.8% to 17.09 million units.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand