China’s auto sales slow in February
The increase in February was supported by sales of Chinese-brand SUVs, which surged 94.7% in February to 187,000 vehicles. However, sales for domestic sedans declined 3.3% to 174,000 units. General Motors’ sales rose 1.3% year over year to 261,072 units while Ford Motor’s sales climbed 9% to reach 79,384 units in February.
In the January- February period, the country’s passenger car sales increased 8.7% on the year to 3.4 million units while total sales for all vehicles climbed 4.3% compared with a growth rate of 6.5% in the same period of the previous year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint
- Strong netbacks and demand trigger exodus of PVC from China to export markets