China’s central bank cuts interest rates by 0.25% to record low
The bank also cut reserve ratios for some lenders including city commercial and rural commercial banks by 50 basis points.
Via the latest rate cuts, the Chinese government reportedly aimed to stabilize Chinese stocks following the biggest two-week plunge in the stock market since December 1996 and a four week increase in money market rates.
In the first quarter of this year, China’s economic growth slowed to 7% on the year from 7.3% in the last quarter of 2014. For 2015, China’s government set its economic growth target at 7%, the slowest economic growth since 1990.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe