China’s central bank cuts interest rates by 0.25%
The PBOC announced that it would cut the benchmark lending rate to 5.35% and the benchmark savings rate to 2.50% from 2.75%.
“The interest cut is aimed at to keep real interest rate levels suitable for fundamental trends in economic growth, prices and employment “the PBOC said in a statement. It was the second time the PBOC had cut its benchmark interest rate over the last three months.
China’s annual consumer inflation posted the lowest level in five years in January while the country’s export and import growth were also slower than expected.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets
- European PVC producers ungenerous in Turkey: Prices up 21% in a month