China’s cumulative imports through May remain under 2009
In May 2009, the cumulative figure had been at 6.956 million tons. Imports dropped over the following two years with the cumulative May figure at 6.921 million tons in 2010 and at 6.349 million tons in 2011 before slumping to this year’s figure of 6.255 million.
Looking solely at imports which arrived in May, they were up compared to April 2012, and higher than May 2011, but below the May figures in 2009 and 2010.
Homo PP imports were up slightly from April at 269,510 tons. The top ten suppliers to the country were Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Taiwan, UAE, India, Singapore, Japan, Thailand, United States and Brazil through the first five months.
LDPE imports were also up compared to April at 122,820 tons. The top ten suppliers were Iran, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Russia, Qatar, United States, Japan, Thailand, and Germany.
To see LLDPE and HDPE import statistics, please visit
Import Statistics for China by Product (For members only)
Import Statistics for China by Country (For members only)
PVC imports were also higher than April at 77,408 tons. The top seven suppliers were the United States, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia and Germany.
PS imports were at 82,199 tons, up from the April figure. The top ten suppliers were Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, United States, Saudi Arabia, and India.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Insight: What will drive polymer markets from here? Demand or costs?
- October PP, PE expectations call for minor changes in Türkiye
- Import PE film prices at around-six-month highs in China and SE Asia
- African PP, PE markets fully head north in September
- Rising costs push PET bottle markets to around 4-month highs in Asia
- Mid-Eastern PP and PE markets join rally in September
- Asia’s PS, ABS markets reach multi-month highs on cost support
- LDPE sees larger gains on elusive supply in Europe
- Türkiye’s polymer markets in flux amid bullish costs, lackluster demand
- China’s import PE prices resume uptrend on ongoing cost support