China’s domestic PP, PE production rise, PVC production down in Dec
LLDPE was the most widely produced PE product in December, with production at 552,200 tons while LDPE and HDPE production stood at 160,000 tons and 480,000 tons, respectively.
China’s domestic PP production was up 4.3% on the month to 1.55 million tons in December while climbing 24.2% from a year earlier. In 2015, total domestic production also jumped 22.3% to 16.863 million tons.
In contrast, PVC production inside China posted a decrease of 4.4% from a year earlier at 1.347 million tons, although production was up by 0.4% from November. For the full year of 2015, domestic PVC production was reported at 16.09 million tons, down 1.7% from 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years