China’s economic growth slows in Q1
In the first quarter, China’s industrial production rose 6.4% year over year after rising 8.7% in the same period of 2014 while fixed asset investment rose 13.5 % on the year from a year earlier to CNY7.75 trillion ($1.26 trillion), posting the lowest level since 2000. The country’s retail sales increased 10.6% year on year in the first quarter to CNY7.07 trillion ($1.15 trillion) while property investment expanded at the weakest pace since 2009 to gain 8.5% on the year.
Economists cited globally subdued economic growth and China’s ongoing structural reforms as the main reasons behind slowing economic growth.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe