China’s economy grows at slowest pace in 24 years in 2014
However the country’s economic growth rate of 7.3% in the last quarter of 2014 beat economists’ estimates calling for a 7.2% economic growth on a quarterly basis.
The deceleration in the country’s economic growth was attributed to weakness in manufacturing and trade as well as lower prices for the real estate sector. The data showed that the country’s industrial production increased 7.9% on the year in December while retail sales rose 11.9%. In 2014 the country’s fixed asset investment, a measure of government spending on infrastructure, climbed 15.7% on a yearly basis through which the government aims to boost the country’s slowing economy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns