China’s economy grows at slowest pace in 24 years in 2014
However the country’s economic growth rate of 7.3% in the last quarter of 2014 beat economists’ estimates calling for a 7.2% economic growth on a quarterly basis.
The deceleration in the country’s economic growth was attributed to weakness in manufacturing and trade as well as lower prices for the real estate sector. The data showed that the country’s industrial production increased 7.9% on the year in December while retail sales rose 11.9%. In 2014 the country’s fixed asset investment, a measure of government spending on infrastructure, climbed 15.7% on a yearly basis through which the government aims to boost the country’s slowing economy.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness