China’s export PET market hits multi-year highs
Data obtained from ChemOrbis Price Wizard reveal that average export PET prices are currently standing at their highest since the latter part of May 2015 after following a mostly firming trend for more than two months.
A trader commented, “Our offers are firmer this week due to high MEG and PTA prices in Asia. Buying interest is still good, particularly from South America. We think the support from high costs has already overshadowed other factors including new capacities.”
A trader noted, “Export PET offers increased $10/ton when compared to two weeks ago. The lowest level we are offered is $1060/ton FOB this week.”
In China, export PET prices have firmed up by $20/ton so far to be reported at $1050-1070/ton FOB China, cash.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops