China’s factory output falls below expectations in August
Meanwhile, the NBS also released China’s August retail sales data on Sunday. The country’s retail sales rose 10.8% in August, up from economists’ initial forecast which called for an increase of 10.6% on the year.
The recent data showed that China’s economy is still under downward pressure despite the government’s efforts to boost the slowing economy. Economists commented that the Chinese government’s five interest-rate cuts since November and its efforts to speed growth have yet to show positive effects, adding that the government may have to push infrastructure investment for the rest of the year to stabilize growth.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months