China’s foreign trade falls below estimates in 2014
In addition, the Chinese government lowered its foreign trade growth estimate to 6% for 2015. The government cited increasing competition from other developing countries, such as India and Vietnam, as the main reasons behind their downwardly revised growth forecast. China’s Ministry of Commerce reportedly stated it plans to work to stabilize external demand in the coming year.
Meanwhile, in the third quarter of this year, China’s gross domestic product (GDP) rose 7.3% while the government forecasts that the economy will grow by 7.5% this year. However, analysts state that China’s economic growth may fall below the government’s target due to weaker domestic and external demand.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East