China’s import ABS market breaks above $1900/ton threshold
In Asia, spot butadiene prices have been tracking a bullish path for more than one month, with the current levels indicating an increase of around $910/ton FOB South Korea/CFR China on a month over month basis.
In the past few weeks, the import ABS market had stabilized at their highest levels in more than a year despite soaring butadiene costs. However, this week, ABS sellers elected to reflect surging costs onto their offers.
According to a few traders, two Taiwanese producers implemented an increase of $30/ton on their ABS offers to China while a source from a South Korean producer reported that they also raised their prices by $30/ton following the recent gains in butadiene. “The ABS market was balanced between weak demand and firmer costs in the recent weeks. Although demand remains thin, we had to lift our prices given the pressure from the cost side,” he commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia