China’s import PP, PE markets see further reductions
A trader reported receiving $10-30/ton decreases for homo-PP compared with earlier in the week at $1050/ton CIF, 90 days for Brazilian raffia, at $1070/ton CIF, 90 days for Indian raffia and at $1050/ton CIF, cash for Saudi Arabian injection. “Import PP prices witnessed further declines at the end of the week owing to subdued market activity. Most buyers are proceeding cautiously with their purchases these days,” the trader commented.
In the PE market, another trader said that they received $10/ton lower offers for LDPE film at $1240/ton CIF, 90 days for Iranian material and at $1220/ton CIF, cash for a Saudi Arabian origin. The same trader also reported receiving an offer for Middle Eastern LLDPE film with a $20/ton reduction at $1170/ton CIF, 90 days. “It is difficult to conclude deals these days as most buyers are keeping to the sidelines. We hear that many sellers are willing to negotiate with buyers placing firm bids,” the trader stated.
Import prices for both dutiable and non-dutiable PE cargoes were reported at $1170-1280/ton for LDPE film, $1150-1230/ton for LLDPE film and at $1210-1270/ton for HDPE film, all on a CFR China, cash equivalent basis. In the PP market, import homo-PP injection and raffia prices stand at $1030-1100/ton with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East