China’s imports of Iranian HD, LD and LLDPE slump in H1
Data suggests that China imported a total of 603,851 tons of HDPE from Iran in the January-June period of 2017, down by around 12% when compared to the same period of last year. Iran was the top HDPE supplier of China in the first four months of 2017, yet it lost its place to Saudi Arabia in May and June.
Imports of Iranian LDPE, meanwhile, showed its weakest monthly performance of 2017 in June, decreasing by around 34% from a month earlier to reach 30,745 tons. In the first half of the year, China’s cumulative LDPE imports from Iran fell to 269,906 tons, down 5.2% on a yearly basis.
As for LLDPE, imports from Iran were mostly unchanged on the year while they were up by 8% from a month earlier in June to reach 11,309 tons. In the first half of the year, on the other hand, China’s cumulative LLDPE imports from Iran were down by around 21%, standing at 65,836 tons.
Looking at China’s overall polymer imports in June, Iran was not able to rank among the top five suppliers for the first time this year with a total of 117,070 tons of polymers, the lowest monthly figure since November 2016. Iran mainly exports PE to China while its share is quite thin in other polymers.
The top five polymer exporters to China in June were Saudi Arabia (217,477 tons), Taiwan (218,956 tons), South Korea (209,399 tons), the United Arab Emirates (132,787 tons) and Singapore (121,468 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures