China’s industrial output, retail sales accelerate in May
Retail sales, meanwhile, rose 10.1% on the year in line with economists’ forecast, accelerating slightly from the 10.0% increase reported in the previous month.
The data also showed that fixed-asset investment excluding rural households climbed 11.4% compared with the same period of 2014.
Economists commented that although the latest figures showed some signs of stabilization, demand remains weak and the acceleration in industrial output may prove temporary as liquidity shortages and a lack of new projects continue to weigh down on growth.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops