China’s industrial output, retail sales accelerate in May
Retail sales, meanwhile, rose 10.1% on the year in line with economists’ forecast, accelerating slightly from the 10.0% increase reported in the previous month.
The data also showed that fixed-asset investment excluding rural households climbed 11.4% compared with the same period of 2014.
Economists commented that although the latest figures showed some signs of stabilization, demand remains weak and the acceleration in industrial output may prove temporary as liquidity shortages and a lack of new projects continue to weigh down on growth.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East