China’s industrial output, retail sales miss estimates in April
The data also revealed that retail sales in China posted the weakest yearly growth seen since February 2006. China’s retail sales growth slowed to 10% in April from 10.2% in March, falling below initial estimates, which called for an increase of 10.4%.
Meanwhile, the country’s growth in fixed asset investment declined to 14-year low of 12% in April compared to a 13.5% gain in the same month of 2014.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops