China's industrial output stalls in October
The country’s industrial production slowed to 6.2% on a yearly basis in October from 6.6% in September, defying the economists’ growth expectations of 6.3%.
Retail sales also declined to 10% from 10.3% in September, falling behind economists’ expectations of a growth of 10.5%
Data also shows that the country’s fixed asset investment grew at a slower pace of 7.3% in October from September’s growth rate of 7.5%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic