China’s industrial production, capital investments slow in April
The country’s industrial production increased by 6.5% in April on a yearly basis and missed the economists’ estimates of a rise of 7%. The country’s industrial production in April was also slower than a rise of 7.6% in March.
A similar slowdown was recorded in the country’s retail sales in April. Retail sales were up by 10.7% from 10.9% a month earlier and fell slightly below the estimates of a rise of 10.8%.
Fixed capital investments rose by 8.9% in the first four months of 2017 and stood below the estimates of an increase of 9.1%.
The growth rate slowed down after the first quarter of 2017 due to the fact that the policy is being tightened. However, economists say that the growth performance is still good and policy makers will focus on reducing the financial risks in the second quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs