China’s industrial production, capital investments slow in April
The country’s industrial production increased by 6.5% in April on a yearly basis and missed the economists’ estimates of a rise of 7%. The country’s industrial production in April was also slower than a rise of 7.6% in March.
A similar slowdown was recorded in the country’s retail sales in April. Retail sales were up by 10.7% from 10.9% a month earlier and fell slightly below the estimates of a rise of 10.8%.
Fixed capital investments rose by 8.9% in the first four months of 2017 and stood below the estimates of an increase of 9.1%.
The growth rate slowed down after the first quarter of 2017 due to the fact that the policy is being tightened. However, economists say that the growth performance is still good and policy makers will focus on reducing the financial risks in the second quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets