China’s local LLDPE film market hits multi-year lows
As can be seen in the below graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, local LLDPE film prices in China have been on a downward trend since the beginning of April. When compared to post-Chinese New Year holiday levels, local prices have lost around $140/ton on a weekly average basis.
A trader lamented, “Despite the fact that local LLDPE film prices are more competitive than imports, buyers are still on the sidelines in anticipation of seeing further drops.”
“Liquidity issues coupled with the slower growth of China’s manufacturing in April are also putting pressure on the market,” a seller added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy