China’s local LLDPE film market hits multi-year lows
As can be seen in the below graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, local LLDPE film prices in China have been on a downward trend since the beginning of April. When compared to post-Chinese New Year holiday levels, local prices have lost around $140/ton on a weekly average basis.
A trader lamented, “Despite the fact that local LLDPE film prices are more competitive than imports, buyers are still on the sidelines in anticipation of seeing further drops.”
“Liquidity issues coupled with the slower growth of China’s manufacturing in April are also putting pressure on the market,” a seller added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE and PVC imports from US flooding Europe
- Indonesia’s polyolefin markets sustain uptrend
- Asian PVC markets shaken by sharp fall in Taiwanese major’s Apr pricing
- March PE prices take split paths in Africa, Mid-East
- Asian PS markets touch 4-month high amid volatile styrene
- Turkey’s PP market attracts deep-sea origins at 4-month high
- European ABS rebounds from 3-year low
- Firming persists in Vietnam’s PE market, shrugging off ethylene
- European styrene continues to climb up, Asia remains cautiously firm
- PP market up from a year-low in Europe; yet hikes beyond C3 see resistance