China’s local LLDPE film market hits multi-year lows
As can be seen in the below graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, local LLDPE film prices in China have been on a downward trend since the beginning of April. When compared to post-Chinese New Year holiday levels, local prices have lost around $140/ton on a weekly average basis.
A trader lamented, “Despite the fact that local LLDPE film prices are more competitive than imports, buyers are still on the sidelines in anticipation of seeing further drops.”
“Liquidity issues coupled with the slower growth of China’s manufacturing in April are also putting pressure on the market,” a seller added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn gains pace in Asia on Taiwanese major’s larger-than expected drop
- Asian spot propylene regains premium over ethylene for first time since 2013
- Import LDPE, LLDPE prices almost back at par with ethylene in China
- Turkish players voice early PP, PE expectations for November
- Thin buying cushions impact of PVC shutdowns across Europe
- China’s PP market makes a strong start to post-holiday period
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread narrows to 3-year low
- Local PVC markets plunge in India, Southeast Asia
- PE sustains soft path in October across Africa, Mid-East
- Will propylene hike be reflected on European PP?