China’s local LLDPE film market hits multi-year lows
As can be seen in the below graph created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, local LLDPE film prices in China have been on a downward trend since the beginning of April. When compared to post-Chinese New Year holiday levels, local prices have lost around $140/ton on a weekly average basis.
A trader lamented, “Despite the fact that local LLDPE film prices are more competitive than imports, buyers are still on the sidelines in anticipation of seeing further drops.”
“Liquidity issues coupled with the slower growth of China’s manufacturing in April are also putting pressure on the market,” a seller added.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- HDPE displays firmer trend among PE products in global markets
- June expectations surface in Mid-Eastern, African polyolefin markets
- China’s local PVC market retreats from 8-month high
- Initial June PE offers to SEA signal firming despite buyers’ resistance
- Firming in ethylene lags behind propylene in Europe
- PET rally stalls in China after prices hit four-and-half-year high
- Asian PS retains firming path on supportive upstream
- June PE outlook under discussion in Europe
- Taiwanese major lowers June PVC offers to Asia despite firm China
- Local PP markets cautiously firmer in Vietnam, Indonesia